So many of you have asked about “THE LIST” that I decided to share a few more items, just for kicks and to indulge certain inquiring minds.
The funny thing about making this list is that it’s been like creating a monster… once you start, you can’t stop. In some ways, that’s not a bad thing. I used to fall into relationships too easily. Most of them were negative or unhealthy, at least in the end. Because I’ve been taking some time off from dating, I’m finding that I’m more contemplative about life, love, and myself… maybe everything. Since December, I feel like I’ve already learned a lot about who I am, where I’ve been, what I want, and where I’m heading. It’s a process–I’m not finished, but I like the journey I’m on right now.
If you don’t know which list I’m referring to, you can reference my previous post entitled, “#1–Must love others well.”
So, here are some additional list items… again, no particular order. Some are preferences, and some are must-haves.
- Must love children. Must be open to having kids, have kids already, be open to adoption, or something… I want the option of having kids in my life at some point. And by “love children,” I mean really love them. Like playing with them. Not just like reproducing. Like actually spending time with them, getting on their level, interacting with them… that sort of thing. Because I do.
- Needs to be adaptable. Should be able to go from having a beer with me on my front porch with my parents to mingling with me at a schmoozy professional event if need be. Needs to be able to tolerate members of my family who are ultra conservative but at the same time kick back and relax with those of us who are extremely laid back as well. And have no qualms about any of those extremes.
- Must have a connection with God and be able to talk about it, share it with me, and be excited about the little things in life that are miracles to me. Basically, I want to share my enthusiasm for life and for God. Either that, or I can just continue keeping it between me and God because that’s working just fine, too. I don’t want to be with someone who looks at me with a deer in the headlights look when I share something really meaningful about how I’m so grateful for something God just did for me or a thought I had about something really deep and spiritual.
- Love live music. I love it. Love it with me!
- Must be single. You’d think this would be a given. It’s not :).
- Must love my family. This one’s easy. Once you meet them and get to know them, you love them…. trust me.
Heading back outside to star gaze now (just one of the benefits of time spent enjoying life for what it is today).